Saturday, July 26, 2008

~~~alone in the rain~~~

ticking of clock in empty room
noise of the rain kissing the roof
wearing that coat for the first time
in a while
a ring in the pocket
memory seeps through the fingers
coming out into Seoul's night
it's been some days
puddle becomes a small mirror
in that i stumble along
because it hurts
without you
i'm like a chair with an odd leg
umbrella that was small for two of us
that seemed like an island in a cold world
it's now too big and awkward
my left shoulder always used to be drenched
burdened by memory
i drop my head
there
Shoelaces are undone as if they're chucked away
but there's only rain and wind around
no one to hold the umbrella up for me
and I cry~~~
my ankles start to sink in the rain
my eyes start to sink in tears
i once held back
i cry~~~
you are an umbrella over my head
night with cold rain dripping on my shoulder
you being beside me became a habit of mine
i can't go on without you
alone in the rain
puddles of heaven's tears on the ground
moon that shines through star covering clouds
lonesome noises from shoes along the alley
i turned around
anxious
it was only an echo of mine
shadow that looked just like myself
we couldnt see each other
us
Are we separated, at last?
I draw an answer
drawing in mind
and the answer, I smudge them
Umbrella that was too big in my eyes
that unfolded from the world that made me cry
that blossomed with everlasting promise
now
it's torn up above two broken hearts
you'd never be there even if i turn around
my hand would be deep in my pockets
wherever i freely walk around
my cheeks
will soak up too easily
even in a drizzle
i've opened up
the door to my heart
you are an umbrella above my head
your shadow is my shade
you are an umbrella above my head
as you are no longer beside me
you used to wait outside my window
with an umbrella
i Cry
you being beside me
became a habit of mine
i cant go on without you
alone in the rain
I need you back in my life
without you beside me
the world is only a half
you cant go on without me
forever in the rain






















No comments: